Subject: RE: APM
To: Netbsd-Users \(E-mail\) <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/05/2002 15:12:20
Actually I am running netbsd.GENERIC_LAPTOP off of the distribution CD. The
device /dev/apmctl is present, but when I try to sleep with the 'apm -S'
command, apm complains with a "cannot contact APM daemon at socket
/var/run/apmdev: No such file or directory"

Do I just symlink the two files or is there some other procedure for
sockets? The man page indicates that the file must be present but I do not
know how to properly create it.