Subject: installing/using XDM
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/04/2002 23:12:01
About 5yrs ago I tried using xdm. The display -- especially
the login looked great. But I had a convoluted process to
install the thing:

1) build a .xsession that works

2) ad a line to /etc/rc.local that tested for the
   presence of /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm; if it exists, then run it

3) kill the console getty found in /etc/ttys

4) reboot and pray -- now if there is a prob, hope you
can invert this mess!

Since then NetBSD went to the rc.d mechanism for starting
system daemons. How much will this help me with xdm?
What, if anything, needs changing to bring xdm up
this time around? Any advice will be appreciated...

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup