Subject: Re: MFC request?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Grace <rgrace@aapt.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/30/2002 10:30:40
> (though I'm a little confused - is 1.6 a fork of current in the same =
way=20
> 1.5 was?  In which case, is it feasible to hope to upgrade a 1.5* box
> to 1.6* without too many tears, or would that be as difficult as going
> straight to current.

First you need to read UPDATING, and then use the build.sh script.

I just did this the other night (two nights actually) and it went without
so much as a hitch.  Occasionally you will have an error with the build,
but doing something listed at the bottom of UPDATING will sort it out.
I needed to upgrade make by hand, and then my includes, and then
the rest fell into place.

I did a full etcupdate and merged my files, and then rebuilt 1.6 while
running 1.6 afterwards.  No worries.

Richard.