Subject: Re: Whats the Dev name...
To: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/29/2002 16:12:14
"Rose, Brian" <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com> writes:
> Speaking of /dev... Is there any method for safely removing the unused /dev
> entries?
>
> For example, my notebook does not have scsi, nor will it ever have one. I
> also always mount floppies on fd0a, so fd0b, fd0c, etc are not used.

I am not sure I'd recommend it. All the entries take up are some
inodes (rather cheap) and changing the system overmuch from its
default install state makes upgrading a pain. That said, "rm" will do
what you want. If there is no scsi bus, nothing will be depending on
those nodes.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com