Subject: RE: Whats the Dev name...
To: Netbsd-Users \(E-mail\) <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/29/2002 15:33:19
Speaking of /dev... Is there any method for safely removing the unused /dev
entries?

For example, my notebook does not have scsi, nor will it ever have one. I
also always mount floppies on fd0a, so fd0b, fd0c, etc are not used.

I'm just worried about breaking some unknown system component that depends
on some obsucre entry.