Subject: Re: MFC request?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/29/2002 10:18:52
* Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> [020528 20:15]:
> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:26:28AM +0100, Rasputin wrote:
> >
> > If I wanted to ask nicely for Promise TX2 ATA100 controller card
> > to be MFCed to -rnetbsd-1-5, who would I ask?
>
> The maitainer of the driver, i.e. me.

:)

If I knew how to add patches, I'd do it myself - it's usually laziness in
my case, but this one is down to incompetence.

> This is in my queue, but I'm waiting for 1.5.3 to be out first.
> Unfortunably there have been a lot of things have delayed the 1.5.3
> release.

Ok, cheers - think I'll bite the bullet and go for 1.6

(though I'm a little confused - is 1.6 a fork of current in the same way
1.5 was?  In which case, is it feasible to hope to upgrade a 1.5* box
to 1.6* without too many tears, or would that be as difficult as going
straight to current.

Lazy, incompetent, *and* impatient - wow, I've got it all, haven't I?
Ladies, form an orderly queue.....