Subject: Re: How do you manage sources?
To: NetBSD users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/28/2002 15:57:07
--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 01:43:00PM +0000, Jim Breton wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:39:59PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> > root:wheel to try a Unprived build, which worked fine
>=20
> It did?  Are you running -current?  I didn't know you could do a full
> unprivileged build in any release version, I'd be excited to find out
> I'm wrong. :P

Yes, -current. I sent a pr some days ago with some doc changes in the
BUILDING.mdoc document from current sources to add that.

You need to pass the -U argument to build.sh and some other parameters,
and it works :D

> $ grep src /etc/group=20
> wsrc:*:9:jamesb
>=20
> And IIRC the default permissions on /usr/src allowed group-write.

Well, this is what I have done. But my sources hadn't write permissions
on write. I fetched them form cvs, but well, I have changed it too.

Thanks

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org
HispaBSD member - http://www.hispabsd.org