Subject: Re: talk and national chars
To: <>
From: Harri Haataja <harri.haataja@kolumbus.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/27/2002 16:08:08
On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 10:55:57PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> how to make talk accepting characters >128?
> i can't use polish national chars on talk, while on everything else
> (shell, editors on xterm) works right

I don't remember seeing a talk that did more than 7-bit chars.
So we used ytalk.

But that's a long time ago and my memory may be fading. Talk systems are
not very common, unfortunately.

 difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-
 boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."
		-- Gene "spaf" Spafford (1992)