Subject: Re: package oddity
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/23/2002 09:27:48
--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:28:35PM -0400, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> When I try to update suse_base, I get the following error:
>=20
> pkg_delete: unable to change directory to /var/db/pkg/communicator-4.76nb=
1! dein
> stall failed
>=20
> But communicator isn't there:
>=20
> # pkg_info -a | egrep comm
> # pkg_delete -f communicator-4.76nb1
> pkg_delete: package 'communicator-4.76nb1' not installed

Yeah, the above message states it is not there...

> Where is it?  Rather, where is whatever suse_base thinks is there?

I guess that suse_base has a REQUIREDBY entry pointing to that version of
communicator. I don't know how it has got there, but you may try to
remove it manually. Go to /var/db/pkg/suse_base*/+REQUIREDBY, edit that
file and remove the reference to communicator...

Should solve the problem.

HTH

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org