Subject: Re: Recommendations about tunnels?
To: Jay Nelson <jnelson@newssstand.com>
From: Lista de NetBSD Users <list10@sepc.edu.mx>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2002 21:39:36
Thanks to all the people who reply this mail

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Jay Nelson wrote:
> > > What kind of tunnel is better for this case?
> > >

> > gif. remember you can tunnel ipv4 over ipv4 too.
> >
> > with ipv4 only use vtun - similar functionality but with excryption and
> > compression.
>
> Why only vtun? I'm using a v4 only IPSec/IKE/racoon connection to
> a Cisco router everyday and it works just fine on the gif interface.
> I've got compression and encryption and reasonably good performance
> on an old 200MHz K6.

These specification of machine is like the used boxes
I can get... I will think in ipsec, but now my time is
short to finish my prototype... I need to demostrate as
soon as possible how an old box with netbsd can help a
public school to give security and a set of services...
I will use gif for some months

Thanks a lot

Heron Gallegos