Subject: Re: Get current
To: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/21/2002 23:05:12

> I installed NetBSD 1.5.2 (i386) and I would like to know what the fastest
> way to get current is. I installed the base system off of the boot CD. I

why do you need -current fastest possible

> would like to update the base to -current before continuing. I see there are
> no precompiled binaries for -current and I really do not feel like going

i think you should get .tar.gz source snapshot.
unpack it,

cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs
make install
make clean

cd /usr/src

make build DESTDIR=/altroot

after some time you will and with -current binaries in /altroot
you may just move all of them to /, maybe compress it to .tar.gz or what
you want

then you have to rebuild kernel