Subject: Re: pkgsrc via cvs instead of sup
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/21/2002 02:36:54
On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:03:36PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> The latter should work, now that "sup" delivers the CVS directories.
> Most people find "sup" to be faster -- "cvs" is only preferred for
> it's flexibility, not for it's speed. That would be interesting if
> "cvs" turned out to be faster than "sup" for you. I upgrade one
> workstation about once a month via "cvs" over a 19200 modem
> connection, and I don't think it takes more than an hour.

True, but for the last 2-3 weeks, my sup logs show constant retries,
and few files transmitted.

I'm still looking at my local connection to rule out problems with it,
but I assumed it was sup server load related.

rsync if the various trees would be faster than any of it.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com