Subject: Re: etcupdate on 1.5.3
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/19/2002 21:01:55
On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 02:16:31PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <20020519175408.GA430@antioche.eu.org>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
> >On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:19:55AM -0400, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> >> I just downloaded the 1.5.3 source and did a (successful) 'make build'.
> >> I now want to update /etc.  I see that /usr/src/usr.bin/etcupdate
> >> exists, but it wasn't compiled and installed.  Also, the man page (also
> >
> >Are you sure the directory isn't empty ?
> >etcupdate is not in 1.5.3 itself, but if cvs isn't run with '-d', or
> >the cvs update is killed for some reason there is an empty directory
> >left out.
> >
> Yes, I'm sure -- that's where I looked at the man page and the source.
> And I'm 99% certain I specified -d when I ran cvs.  The CVS/Entries file
> in /usr/src/usr.sbin says Tnetbsd-1-5.  In fact, I just ran cvs with
> -P -d in /usr/src/usr.sbin and it left it alone.  To be sure, I deleted
> the etcupdate directory, and ran 'cvs update' from the parent directory
> and it recreated it...

There's something wrong here. There's no 1.5 tag in etcupdate, I just
cheched:
rochebonne:/tmp>cvs co basesrc/usr.sbin/etcupdate
Enter passphrase for key '/home/bouyer/.ssh/id_dsa':
cvs server: Updating basesrc/usr.sbin/etcupdate
U basesrc/usr.sbin/etcupdate/Makefile
U basesrc/usr.sbin/etcupdate/etcupdate
U basesrc/usr.sbin/etcupdate/etcupdate.8
rochebonne:/tmp>rm -rf basesrc
rochebonne:/tmp>cvs co -r netbsd-1-5 basesrc/usr.sbin/etcupdate
Enter passphrase for key '/home/bouyer/.ssh/id_dsa':
cvs server: Updating basesrc/usr.sbin/etcupdate

(this is from the master cvs server, but I get the same using anoncvs).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>