Subject: Re: OT: apple's marketing is just insolent
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/19/2002 14:43:25
On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 10:40:22PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 01:28:03AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>  > I haven't played with Darwin, but from what I read it's basically a BSD
>  > kernel sitting on Mach, just like some earlier Mach/UNIX projects.
>
> I suggest you actually read the code.

No, I'll just stick with Apple's statements.  As I said in another
message, I should have said it's sitting WITH Mach. MacOS X is not
a microkernel.  It combines BSD, Mach, and IOKit in a single layer.

If that's wrong, then Apple doesn't know how it wrote it's own OS.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com