Subject: Re: OT: apple's marketing is just insolent
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/19/2002 02:02:27
On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 01:28:03AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

I love it when I'm not finished editing...

The intent here was that Apple was saying one thing, but my view was
they did away with the microkernel ideas of Mach, and merged the layers
into a single unit.

> I haven't played with Darwin, but from what I read it's basically a BSD
> kernel sitting on Mach, just like some earlier Mach/UNIX projects.

...and this should have said that the kernel is NOT sitting on top of
Mach.  It's all integrated in Darwin/MacOS X.  It's really a monolithic
kernel, sharing memory space as it does.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com