Subject: OT: buildtool (autoconf-like tool)
To: NetBSD users list <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2002 23:16:07
--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

Hello

I've started a new project named buildtool. It aims to create a BSD
replacement of GNU's automake/autoconf, and to solve some of the problems
these tools have. You can find a recent snapshot of sources here:

http://jmmv.dyndns.org/buildtool.php

I would like you to review the ideas explained in the README, to see what
you think. If I'm sending this message to this list is because most of us
have done, sometime, a pkgsrc package and seen how autoconf currently works
and the problems it may cause.

I wait your comments! (...apart from "what the hell, why are you rewritting
autoconf?")

Thank you, and forgive me for the OT!

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org