Subject: Filesystem locking in VMware
To: netbsd users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2002 16:46:41
Lo,

Whenever I start vmware in netbsd-1.5.2 it tells me:

-----------
Error:
VMware Workstation is unable to determine if the filesystem that the
directory /usr/home/chrissy/.vmware is located on supports the needed
file locking functionality (filesystem type = 0x1).

If this file system does support file locking then you
can enable its use by setting
    host.FSSupportLocking1 = 0x1
in your configuration file.  The next time that you power-on
the virtual machine the filesystem will be considered ok.
Cannot lock the preferences file.
Module 10 initialization failed.
-----------

none of my "never show me this hint again" requests seem to stick either.

I don't have a .vmware/preferences or a .vmware/config
creating them and putting "host.FSSupportLocking1 = 0x1" into either doesn't
seem to help.

Anyone know how I can get rid of these annoying messages?

Thanks,

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk