Subject: Re: A strange situation - AMD K6
To: Shyam Kumar Mangayil <linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2002 10:53:56
I seem to recall that some (if not all) of the Unix(TM) variants did the
correct thing in their idle loops to actually idle the processor, thus use
less power; whereas Windoze didn't.  I may be wrong on this but you can
check out VCool at http://vcool.occludo.net/ for more information or as a
starting point to get more info.

I haven't used VCool but my nephew reported a significant temperature
decrease (several degrees C) after using it.