Subject: Re: How tos for a Security System on Unix + How tos for Sensors
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Shyam=20Kumar=20Mangayil?= <linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2002 16:38:00
On Thu, 16 May 2002, [iso-8859-1] Shyam Kumar Mangayil wrote:

>      Gavan , do you have any how-tos at hand that you can mail me (+ the all - pervasive disclaimers :-) ) or can you give me some URLs and books and 'do it yourself-s' ?
> that I can look at ?

I'm afraid I don't really have any howtos or anything. All I can really
suggest is to look at what devices are available, look at how they
physically connect, and then investigate support in NetBSD for
communicating with them.

> And what exactly is this X10 protocol and X10 devices ? Never heard yet.

X-10 is a control protocol that operates over mains wiring. See
http://www.x10.com/ for the American-biased site. There is a somewhat
different product range for Europe, but the principle is the same. See
http://www.laser.com/ for a UK supplier.

> On a lighter note -> aren't we all using mutt as our MUA ?

Nope :)

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget