Subject: Re: Xircom ethernet/modem combo cards
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2002 16:16:55
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:39:42PM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|Hi all ... I'm trying to track down a network/modem card for my notebook
|and have found that the Xircom RBEM56G-100 are detected and configured
|by my kernel on this laptop (an IBM thinkpad running 1.5.2)
|
|Unfortunately the device I was using to test this wasn't mine, so I'm
|looking to buy one, however the closest one my supplier can come up
|with is either the REM56G-100 (which I can confirm does NOT work) or
|the RBEM56GAP, which is described similarly to the RBEM56G-100 but also
|mentions GSM capability ...

I went to the supplier in the end and asked to try it out and it worked
fine - the card itself has RBEM56G-100 on the back of it but all the other
part numbers on the box are RBEM56G-100BTX (AP) ... go figure ...

oh well ... thanks anyway

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank