Subject: Xircom ethernet/modem combo cards
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2002 13:39:42
Hi all ... I'm trying to track down a network/modem card for my notebook
and have found that the Xircom RBEM56G-100 are detected and configured
by my kernel on this laptop (an IBM thinkpad running 1.5.2)

Unfortunately the device I was using to test this wasn't mine, so I'm
looking to buy one, however the closest one my supplier can come up
with is either the REM56G-100 (which I can confirm does NOT work) or
the RBEM56GAP, which is described similarly to the RBEM56G-100 but also
mentions GSM capability ...

Has anyone used this particular card, and did it work?  Does it have
the Tulip chipset that the RBEM56G-100 does?

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank