Subject: add /dev/one ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhns Acct <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/08/2002 09:10:28
In a book i have been reading, they mention wiping your disk partitions
using the line :

dd bs=1000k </dev/zero >/dev/sdXa

Where X is the drive number. NORTON utilities, when wiping has options such as
secure wipe, and govt wipe, and military wipe. Norton wipes by writing a string of
0, then a string of 1, then a string of 0, repeating the process different
numbers of times for different levels of security.

OK, so why have we NOT GOT a /dev/one so we can do the same thing?
--
Have you ever killed anybody? Well I hurt somebodies feelings once...--R. Deniro--