Subject: WinCast 0x0878
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/30/2002 12:31:28
Hi,

I installed a Hauppauge WinCast card in my wife's i386-1.5.2; the TV works
through fxtv, probably as well as can be expected, but xmradio returns an
error something like "frequency specified is below the minimum allowed"
when I run "xmradio -frequency XX.XX &" or try to config a preset.
Scanning returns no error but never finds a station or times out (as far
as several minutes waiting can tell).  The motif display, seen through a
KDE display, always reads "8.84" for the frequency.  The speakers pump out
static the entire time.

Does this have something to do with the unconfig'd Brooktree 0x0878 in my
hardware?  Are there any fixes?

Thanks.

NetBSD 1.5.2 (GENERIC) #3: Sat Aug 18 23:37:05 CEST 2001
    he@hamster.urc.uninett.no:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
cpu0: Intel Pentium III (Coppermine) (686-class), 1002.31 MHz
total memory = 255 MB
avail memory = 231 MB
[snip]
bktr0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at irq 11
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 44811 C133
bktr0: Warning - Unknown Hauppauge Tuner 0x21
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner.
Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x11) at
pci0 dev 16 function 1 not configured
[snip]

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project