Subject: FreeBSD user questions
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/29/2002 11:04:04
Hi there,

just migrated my box from FreeBSD-stable to NetBSD-stable
(ur, I think? Not got my head round CVS tags yet)

Just wondered how you folks figure out if your packages are out of date?

I'd try a make search for a package to do it, but rebuilding INDEX
takes days.... :(

man -k pkg didn't show up anything obviously useful.

[ For those who don't know, pkg_version on FreeBSD basically
checked your ports, sorry, package tree against the packages you
have installed and tells you which are out of date. ]

Also, I'm reading source-changes and wanted to know how I can tell
if a message releates to current or -rnetbsd-1-5, just so I can tell
what's happening in the source tree?