Subject: Re: mkisofs puts all files in root?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/29/2002 18:11:52
    Date:        Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:03:56 +0300
    From:        Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>

  | Is mkisofs broken or am I just blind (I have read the man page, but afaict,
  | this should work).

no, you asked for all the files to be in the root.  Just put jpg on
the cd (and then use an exclude pattern to drop stuff you don't want if
needed).   Files you name are files for the root directory, their pathnames
are dropped (otherwise you wouldn't be able to do mkisofs ... /full/path/of/dir)
and have it behave sensibly.

I usually just make a directory tree with everything I want linked into
it from the original directory - that way I can see exactly what is there,
du to make sure it is not too huge, etc... and then name that directory
as the one thing to put on the CD.

kre