Subject: Re: Terse device names
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Iggy Drougge <iggy@kristallpojken.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/27/2002 17:32:53
Rick Kelly skrev:

>Iggy Drougge said:

>>I hear that contemporary Linux distributions feature Nano as their minimal
>>editor. Nano is much easier to use than either ED or VI. Wouldn't this be
>>something to put in NetBSD, too (GNU contamination aside)?

>For an excellent ed tutorial find a copy of the Coherent OS manual. It has
>a chapter devoted to using ed.

Great, I'll just look in my Coherent manuals. ;-)
OTOH, Nano (Which is GNU's PICO clone) is self-instructing. No modes, you just
type into the document (it's a visual editor), and a help bar at the bottom
displays the available commands, issued through control key combinations.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.