Subject: Re: Terse device names
To: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
From: Iggy Drougge <iggy@kristallpojken.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/27/2002 23:33:00
Thomas Mueller skrev:

>Tim Baldwin of IBM wrote a Tiny Editor for DOS and 16-bit OS/2, executable is
>slightly < 10000 bytes for DOS, slightly more for OS/2, and is much more
>user-friendly than ed.  He should have ported to Unix!  Because of
>outstanding functionality for such small size, Tiny Editor is used on OS/2
>installation diskettes where necessary to edit the installation CONFIG.SYS.
>Tiny Editor is strictly character mode, no graphic interface.

I hear that contemporary Linux distributions feature Nano as their minimal
editor. Nano is much easier to use than either ED or VI. Wouldn't this be
something to put in NetBSD, too (GNU contamination aside)?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Amiga 4000/040 25MHz/64MB/20GB RetinaBLTZ3/VLab/FastlaneZ3/Ariadne/Toccata