Subject: Re: print server recommendations
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Warner <sales@ictech.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/2002 21:08:17
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:27:19 -0700
Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us> wrote:

> would anyone care to recommend a good ethernet-based print server for a
> netbsd client?
>
> i don't want to screw around trying to attach a printer to the hardware
> that i'm running netbsd on, so i'd just like something that i can lpr
> to.
>
> support for 802.11b instead-of/in-addition-to ethernet is a plus.

I use a Netgear PS110.  It has 2 parallel ports and 1 RJ-45 ethernet port.
 Configuration is via FTP, Windoze is not required.  It works for me.
<shrug>

Netgear also makes an 802.11b capable print server (PS111W), but I don't
have any personal experience with that one.  It needs an optional 802.11b
PC Card to make it do wireless.

--
Bill