Subject: cmpci: spdif.output.voltage
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-users@moderators.muc.de>
From: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2002 23:02:22
Hi,

is anyone using this driver and SPDIF? I doubt the voltage values are
correct because I must use 0.5V for optical and 5V for a coaxial device.

After
mixerctl -w spdif.output.voltage=0.5V
my voltage meter reports about 5V at the coaxial output.

Using
mixerctl -w spdif.output.voltage=5V
gives me about 0.5V at the coax. connector.

BTW, I use 1.5ZC, but noticed it since 1.5ZA. If that's true it could
damage a device connected to the coax. port. It's non-critical for optical
devices, of course. Can someone verify/confirm this? I'm not absolutely
sure and don't want commit a false bug report.

Regards,
Michael