Subject: Re: Terse device names
To: Iggy Drougge <iggy@kristallpojken.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2002 09:48:26
On 23 Apr 2002, Iggy Drougge wrote:

> But that's going at it the other way around. It's adapting a cryptic
> pro system to the beginner, and expecting him to do it himself....

I see the problem. NetBSD is not a beginner's operating system, sorry.
I think you want to be using Windows instead.

It's always the case that tools that are good in one environment
will have failings in another. NetBSD is never going to be as easy
to use as Windows, and Windows is never going to be as good for
beginning programmers to learn from. So NetBSD should not compromise
things like the ease of associating device names with their function
names in the kernel just to fail at becoming as easy to use as
windows.

cjs