Subject: CVS updating from /etc/daily
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Johnston <netbsd@natej.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/22/2002 09:33:04
I would like to automatically update my CVS every night from the
/etc/daily script, followed by other informational utilities I don't
want to run until after the cvs update.  To that end, this is my
/etc/daily.local:

if [ -d /usr/pkgsrc ]; then
                echo
                echo "Downloading source using 'cvs'"
                cd /usr
                /usr/pkg/bin/cvs -d "anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot" update -Pd | grep -v "cvs server: Updating"
fi

if [ -x /usr/pkg/sbin/audit-packages ]; then
                echo
                echo "Checking package security"
                /usr/pkg/sbin/download-vulnerability-list > /dev/null 2>/dev/null
                /usr/pkg/sbin/audit-packages
fi

if [ -x /usr/pkg/bin/lintpkgsrc ]; then
                echo
                echo "Using lintpkgsrc to detect obsolescence"
                /usr/pkg/bin/lintpkgsrc -i 2>/dev/null
fi

Every night, however, I get the following in the output for
/etc/daily:

Downloading source using 'cvs'
anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection refused
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

What is the reccomended way of doing this, if any?  What can I do to
get this to work?  I have made sure that root has already done a cvs
login and I can run the `/usr/pkg/bin/cvs -d ...` line from the
command line.

Thansk for your help.

--N.