Subject: Re: Terse device names
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/22/2002 01:26:26
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Richard Rauch wrote:
> That's why I added, ``(or /var/log/messages)''.  If your uptime is long
> enough that the rotating logs are all filled with such messages, you could
> do the unthinkable and reboot.  (^&

Also, /var/run/dmesg.boot contains a copy of the kernel message buffer
as it was immediately after booting (well, almost immediately :) I think
that's been there since NetBSD 1.4...
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++