Subject: Re: ipv6 ftp.netbsd.org
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2002 16:02:26
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

> Frederick Bruckman writes:
> > On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> > > Hmm. curious.  I can "ping6 3ffe:8050:201:1860:2a0:c9ff:feed:b7ea" so
> > > the ipv6 connectivity is there, it just seems like there is no ftp
> > > running on the ipv6 port.
> >
> > There certainly is. (Just tried it.) Are you perhaps behind a
> > firewall? Running ipfilter?
>
> Yes I'm running ipfilter.  No gripes about ipv6, or ftp.netbsd.org in
> my logfile. (Only the kiddies trying to see if I'm running netbios.)

Huh. If this helps, about the only thing I have in my ipf6.conf that
would apply is...

block out log on ne2 all head  22
 pass  out     quick proto tcp  from any to any flags S/SA keep state group 22

> I guess the next thing to investigate is if my reverse-DNS for ipv6 is
> making it to the outside world.

I wouldn't think NetBSD's ftp server would be that fussy. I know I was
using it before I had reverse-DNS set up, but the server has been
updated since then.

Frederick