Subject: RE: [open-source] Sun to start charging for Star Office
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/05/2002 09:59:13
> >Stephane: This isn't an appropriate forum for being an MS apologist.  I
>
> I don't want to extend this (already pointlessly repetitive thread), but
> I _do_ think we shouldn't be in the business of telling people that
> certain _positions_ as opposed to certain _topics_ are not appropriate
> for our mailing lists.

(shrug) Being an apologist is just drawing fire and spamming the list.
If you want to split that hair, though, I certainly agree: The _topic_ of
MS is out of band.  Whether you are for or against MS.

I do not think that I actually took a stance on MS in the message that you
replied to.  I certainly have an *opinion* on MS, but that's beside the
matter.

> I know of no statement from core barring certain beliefs from these
> lists.  Someone making an argument may be wrong (and I think in this

I know of no statement that I made suggesting that *beliefs* were barred.