Subject: Re: 1.5.3 release ?
To: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@sedez.iq.pl>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/04/2002 09:17:48
On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 12:26:11PM +0200, Piotr Stolc wrote:
> Hi!

Hullo.

> I've just noticed directory entry called 'NetBSD-1.5.3' at
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD. Does it mean that NetBSD 1.5.3 will be
> available in near future?

Probably.

I wouldn't bother poking around in the directory if the permissions allow
it. Generally the release doesn't get put on the ftp servers in one
fell swoop. Instead the various parts and ports go up as portmasters
get them ready. Once everyone is ready I imagine the mirror ftp servers
will need time to catch up.

Usually I just wait for the announcement to go out before I bother
trying to download a new release.
--
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...