Subject: Re: Windows Apps without Windows: anyone tried this?
To: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryan-spamtrap0@darkforest.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/30/2002 22:26:56
On the discombobulated day of Mar 30, paul beard dictated:

> If anyone has tried this and can attest to how well it works, I'd like to
> hear about it.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for or not, but I bought (about
$30 USD) the "CrossOver plugin" thing on recommendation from a co-worker,
and it works very, very well.  I am using it on my Linux laptop.  The
installation was totally automatic, and all the plugins seem to work with
both Navigator-4.7 and Netscape-6 (mozilla).  I have tried the Windows
Media Player, Shockwave, and Quicktime plugins, as well as the Microsoft
Word Viewer, and they all work.  I do not use Windows at homme or at work,
and this was the perfect solution to my problems of "can't listen to audio
samples on cdnow.com" and "star-office is too big and slow just to read
occasional word docs".

-bp
--
# bryan_at_darkforest_dot_org