Subject: Re: problems in 1.5.3 source?
To: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@sedez.iq.pl>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/30/2002 14:49:46
In message <20020330204538.A2408@sedez.iq.pl>, Piotr Stolc writes:
>On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 12:28:48PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>> Yes, I did do a simple 'make' -- I thought that 'make build' did the
>> installation, too, and I wanted to be a bit more cautious than that.
>> Ah, well -- I have a good level 0 and a good level 1; time to live
>> dangerously...
>
>Just define altroot directory with DESTDIR environment variable.

Thanks -- I'll remember that for next time.  This time, I decided to
live dangerously, and rebuilt in place.  It worked -- I'm running it
now.  (And it's nice to have passwd.conf, though I still think the
functionality belongs in login.conf)

		Full text of "Firewalls" book now at http://www.wilyhacker.com