Subject: Re: WM core
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2002 21:17:34
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Juergen Tritthardt wrote:
> > The gzip core dump is still 150k big so I didn't attach it. I will
> > send it to anyone who's interested to help me.
> Is your WindowMaker built with debugging symbols? I guess if using a
> package it is stripped unless you have DEBUG_FLAGS defined.

I'm having problems building an unstripped version.

Am I right that DEBUG_FLAGS is is needed for the following lines
in /usr/pkgsrc/mk/

=2Eif !defined(DEBUG_FLAGS)
_STRIPFLAG_CC?=3D         -s      # cc(1) option to strip
_STRIPFLAG_INSTALL?=3D    -s      # install(1) option to strip

So I just have to set it to anything in /etc/mk.conf like:

What was my mistake?

J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg