Subject: Updating of ssh and sendmail
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2002 08:56:13
Hello together,

some time ago, i wanted to update my OpenSSH in a NetBSD-1.5.2 system. It was
not really a problem, but it looked a bit "unclean" to have to remove the
binaries contained in the base system to have it looking clean.
Now, i want to update my sendmail to use STARTTLS, and i encounter the same
fact, that sendmail is included in the base system.

What about splitting the base.tgz into a real base.tgz just containing the
base system, and maybe a tools.tgz or so to include sendmail/postfix/ssh.

The other way would be to completely leave out such stuff un base.tgz and
install the corresponding packages if needed.

Anything planned? Or has this "more stuff" to be in base.tgz forever?

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX