Subject: Re: OT: Screen escape character
To: NetBSD Users list <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2002 20:40:27

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 12:49:42PM -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >I`m very tired of using C-a in screen to enter it`s functions,
> >mainly because I heavily use C-a to go to the beginning of the
> >line. Which key do you use?
> >
> >Also, I`ve been thinking about using the left windows key of
> >the keyboard as to act as the escape key (the C-a). Would it be
> >possible? (I guess I`ll have to modify the keymap)
> >
> >Thanks!
> i use control-o.  i went over the keyboard and decided that i use the
> other 25 control characters either in emacs or at my shell prompt.

That's the problem... to find a character that you do not use :p
I think I've last decided... C-h. Yes, it turns on the help in emacs, but
I do not need the help too often, so I can leave it there.

All other keys are beeing used in emacs! hehe

> --=20
> |-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
>             * "ah!  i see you have the internet
> (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"
>       * "information is power -- share the wealth."

Of course it runs NetBSD -
Netiquete (spanish):

Julio Merino <> #18961975

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)