Subject: Re: OT: Screen escape character
To: NetBSD Users list <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2002 20:02:52

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 06:13:07PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> I`m very tired of using C-a in screen to enter it`s functions,
> mainly because I heavily use C-a to go to the beginning of the
> line. Which key do you use?

you can still use it. just add another 'a' -> 'C-a a' under screen is
the same as 'C-a' in shell.  same with nested screens, the deeper in
screens, the more keys need to press.  e.g. if you have two screens, the
first use 'C-a' as escape and the second one (started from the first)
uses 'C-a a', thus 'jump to the beginning of the line' will be 'C-a a a'

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
--                  <>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \ /=
--                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   X =
-- PGPkey:                                  / \=
-- Key Fingerprint: DBEC 8BEC 9A90 ECEC 0FEF  716E 59CE B70B 7E3B 70E2     =

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see