Subject: Re: OT: Screen escape character
To: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
From: Nate Johnston <nmj3e@alumni.virginia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2002 12:54:05
Rob Windsor spake thus: (Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 11:50:06AM -0600)

> I never use C-w in a shell window, which is why I picked it.  If you
> didn't even know what C-w did in a shell, it's probably safe to use it for
> your screen key.

Understandable, I just figured that if someone didn't know what C-w did
at the shell, then they might get a tad put off when they accidentally
stutter on the w key and find that long url they typed in for wget goes
away.

Then again, I am assuming `set escape ^Ww` to parallel the default.  If
you had different characters it wouldn't be an issue.

--N.