Subject: Re: OT: Screen escape character
To: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
From: Nate Johnston <nmj3e@alumni.virginia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2002 12:40:37
Rob Windsor spake thus: (Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 11:23:28AM -0600)

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:13:07 +0100, verily did Julio Merino write:
>
> > I`m very tired of using C-a in screen to enter it`s functions,
> > mainly because I heavily use C-a to go to the beginning of the
> > line. Which key do you use?
>
> C-w

I'd reccomend against the use of C-w or C-u because they are the
standard keys for delete-word and delete-line, respectively.  If you're
looking for keys with good proximity to A, C-s and C-q are the standard
flow-control keys, C-c and C-z are break and suspend, etc.

Personally, since I have to log in to a large number of machines, I do
this on my desktop:

set escape ==

and this on the remote machines (so I can nest screens):

set escape ++

--N.