Subject: Re: [open-source] Sun to start charging for Star Office
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/26/2002 23:55:30
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 05:37:17PM -0500, ipthomas@mac.com wrote:

> 	Capitalism also allows shareholders as stakeholders in a
> corporation.  These stakeholders invest their money in the corporation
> in the expectation of getting a ROI that befits the risk entailed.
> Microsoft has been considered a growth stock for many years now.  They
> achieved this status by increasing their marketshare, or increasing the

I don't believe they have increased market share enough to post the
earnings they record.  Some people say that they are lying on the books,
leaving inconvienient costs off of them.  For example, one claim is that
in 1998 when they posted several billion $ in profit, their actually
were down $17 billion.

Given the BS they pull in the market and in OS "design", I don't see
lying on the books as being a problem for them.

> 	This post is not directed at anyone in particular.  I've noticed a
> lot of non-productive MS bashing on the list lately, of which I'm also
> guilty : (  From now on, more time coding, less time complaining.

MS bashing is always productive, and good for the soul... :)

Actually, I don't hate MS, I hate bad companies.  They are one of many,
but just happen to be among the worst.  That's all.

Once they fall, I have other targets, and I hope they all meet the
same fate.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com