Subject: Re: [open-source] Sun to start charging for Star Office
To: David Friggens <>
From: Jim Wise <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/22/2002 10:30:04

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, David Friggens wrote:

>> > You could try and persuade everyone you interact with to save to RTF by
>> > default. Even change the settings yourself if you can - they'd never
>> > know. ;-)
>> is rtf anyway more usable than doc for us. only for reading.
>Surely there are several wps that write to RTF. KWord (from KOffice does).
>(Well I've just had a look and it says it does - I don't know how good it is.)

There are also several RTFs that word processors can write to.

RTF is _highly_ non-standard, and of the systems I have used which could
generate RTF output (NeXT's text editor, A zillion versions of Microsoft
Word, StarOffice, Word Perfect, and more), few could share RTF files in
a really seamless manner.

- --
				Jim Wise
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)