Subject: serial transmission problem on i386?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@sedez.iq.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2002 23:09:09
Hello!
I have a ppp link over 115200 bps serial. Sometimes it just hangs off and
is unable to establish the link. Everything is normal after reboot. I've
observed that pppd receives data from the serial link, but modem doesn't
receive it from the computer. It happens rarely with fullduplex, and
quite often with halfduplex modem. Also, it happens very, very often while
experimenting with ALTQ on ppp interface - sometimes almost immediately,
especially with halfduplex, and sometimes within few hours.
Is there any solution for this strange behavior?
Thanks!

--

brain defragmentation in progress