Subject: Re: [open-source] Sun to start charging for Star Office (fwd)
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/20/2002 19:30:12
Steve Bellovin said:

>FYI.

>SUN TO BEGIN CHARGING FOR STAROFFICE

Well, I've been using the native NetBSD Openoffice binaries on NetBSD/i386
1.5.3_ALPHA and _RC1 a fair amount, so that seems a viable way to go. We
just need to get binaries built for pkg install for all the logical targets.

Staroffice 5.1a is still on my ftp site as well.

There is some question about availability of Wordperfect 8 for Linux, and
Wordperfect 2000 for Linux is a Win 95 version packaged with WINE.

While I have an archived copy of Wordperfect 8 here, it requires the free
key from Corel to work for more than 90 days. Also, Corel no longer has a
page for Wordperfect 8 for Linux, and the two master sites in pkgsrc seem
to be gone.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com