Subject: Re: stereo-link (or similar)?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/18/2002 23:17:57
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 10:10:40AM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > I'm not a high end hifi geek, so I'm not sure how bad the audio signal from
> > traditional systems nowadays is
>
> I'm no hifi-buff either, but I _do_ know that my soundcard ain't the
> greatest, so if I want to hook up my stereo to my computer, I'd rather
> find a better solution.  Of course, maybe investing some money into a
> decent (computer) sound system might be worth it, too.
>
> > my Krups (bought from ebay) did cost me
> > slightly less, has ethernet instead of USB and runs NetBSD ;-)
>
> Sweet :)

Another option is a separate appliance, for example:

	http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/audiotron/producthome.asp

Mine will be here tomorrow, and another NetBSD developer I know has
one (I'll let him step up if he wants to).

--
Bill Squier (groo@old-ones.com)                          http://www.netbsd.org

        I know I don't deserve another chance, but this _is_ America,
        and as an American, aren't I entitled to one?  --Sideshow Bob.