Subject: Re: stereo-link (or similar)?
To: None <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/18/2002 11:28:13
On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 10:40:30PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was wondering if anybody here was using stereo-link or a similar
> device to connect your NetBSD Box to your stereo?
> claims that it works with Linux 2.4.x...

I use the Griffin iMic.  There are only a couple of USB->analog audio
chips, and the Griffin uses the same one as most of the "high-end"
products such as the Roland and, I suspect, the "Stereo-Link".

The iMic costs $35 and provides wonderful sound quality.  Give it a
try!  You may need a powered USB hub to put the iMic in a convenient
location and avoid a long analog audio cable run, but even with one
the iMic should end up costing less than anyone else's product of
similar quality.

 Thor Lancelot Simon