Subject: Re: A few mt(1) questions
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/18/2002 15:40:56
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 03:03:55PM +0000, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

> Just like to throw in 2p here. Two companies back, they were backing up
> on a Novell system, using the wrong version of the software, which means
> it flatly refused to restore anything when the raid had died.

Yes - it is always worth verifying that your archives are worth the
tape they are written to.

To test, take a different system (reasonably similar to the original,
but not absolutely identical) your system install media and your
backup tapes.

See how many working days it takes to get the system back up.

(I remember a story about someone taking copies of floppy disks
using the photcopier :-)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk